Considering Wood Floor in Laundry Area?

Old 09-26-06, 06:12 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Considering Wood Floor in Laundry Area?

I am trying to choose between tile or wood floor in a lower stairwell and laundry room. Aproximately 7' X 7' area, of which 7'X 3' will be a laundry area with a hot water tank. I have been leaning toward tile since it has a potential for water or moisture. It is a wood sub floor. However, I do prefer wood flooring. So I thought it wouldn't hurt to post this and ask for suggestions as to what others may have done in this type of situation, or what they know to have been done. Thanks, Mike

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-06, 10:44 AM
I think it would look good but I think you're just asking for trouble installing hardwood in a room that will have higher levels of moisture and potential water spills.

Steve

Old 10-13-06, 08:51 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
No...i wouldn't suggest that. Wood and water simply don't match. For an area that could have a potential water problem. To find out more about hardwood floors, read up on the articles at www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com. What I would suggest is either ceramic tile, vinyl or a laminate floor called iCORE (I believe that's from Mannington) which has a moisture warranty .

Last edited by Annette; 10-24-06 at 11:42 AM.