Bamboo Flooring Glue Down over OSB

Old 03-26-07, 08:49 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bamboo Flooring Glue Down over OSB

I have some Bamboo flooring that the manufacturer reccomends a glue down install. I am planning on using Bostiks Best as the adhesive and am gluing it down onto a 3/4" OSB subfloor. I am wondering if it is worth stapling down a 1/8" Luan sheet above the OSB to prevent damage to the subfloor if I ever need to pull up some planks for repair.

If I did it without the luan and needed to fix it later how much of the subfloor will come up with the Bostiks Best?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-07, 08:11 PM
C
With my very limited experience with bamboo and bostik best glue.
I would put some sort of sub floor down, even on concrete slab. Iím not sure about 1/8" Luan sheet, that to me is pretty thin stuff but a pro may know more. but anything is better than nothing I'll explain why.
I have concrete slab and glued about 4 boxes down of carbonized bamboo but then I had a change of heart right in the process of installing the bamboo. I decided to go with tile do to my pet. So 2 days worth of meticulous work took me 3 days of tearing it up and scraping the glue off the concrete! I swore if I ever glued anything down again I'd use 1/4 sub board. That way I could one either nail the bamboo to the 1/4 or if I glued it and wanted to rip it up I just set my saw to the depth of the bamboo and 1/4 board and rip away!
I could not imaging ripping up 600sq ft of glued bamboo! when it took me 3 days to rip up 60sq ft I'm glad I stopped when I did.

But Like I said earlier, I was a first time bamboo gluer but once it's glued it's there!

Old 03-28-07, 08:47 AM
Sure, staple it off really good. and instal glue the flooring to it.

Never put ľ" over concrete, as a subfloor!!!!!