Advice on Hardwood from LUMBER LIQUIDATORS

Old 06-24-07, 11:26 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Advice on Hardwood from LUMBER LIQUIDATORS

I'll be installing and exotic Hardwood (teak).
Any input about buying from Lumber Liquidators. They have a store near me and the prices are right!
Should i get it there??
Frank

Old 06-28-07, 10:49 AM
S
Just bought flooring from there last week. I'm getting ready to install the 3/4" hand scrapped Teak - tobacco road finish. I'm prepping the sub floor now. It is beautiful flooring and very durable, I tested a sample and could not damage the surface easily at all. The planks are very straight and well machined, all in perfect condition and fit well together. I opened a box to test it on the floor first.

The prices are pretty good and they are very convenient and easy to work with. Very helpful.

I'll post more as I begin to install the floor but the flooring in the box looks great, can't wait to install it. The hand scrapped is really good looking!

Old 07-05-07, 03:14 PM
D
Keep in mind that the wood you purchased is more likely not teak at all but "Cumaru" which they market as "Brazilian Teak". Cumaru and True teak are not even close to being the same.

Just thought I'd let you know in case you wanted to do research on finishing or something else. You should be looking for Cumaru, not teak

Old 07-06-07, 07:15 PM
D
Their products are very good, I have put in over a thousand sq ft of Rosewood, and over a thousand sq feet of oak. The machining is excellent, setup your first row exactly how parrallel you want it with the far wall and it will come out between 1/16th of an inch and 1/8th of an inch. Awesome stuff.

Old 07-30-07, 02:41 PM
H
my $ .02

I have bought laminate and hardwood from LL. I have been happy with both. Most recently I bought maple and Brazilian cherry. Both were unfinished and looked great before my flooring contractor did a $#!^ job putting on the poly. But that is a whole 'nother story.

Old 08-06-07, 01:29 PM
R
Tobacco road - Teak

Originally Posted by simpsonb View Post
Just bought flooring from there last week. I'm getting ready to install the 3/4" hand scrapped Teak - tobacco road finish. I'm prepping the sub floor now. It is beautiful flooring and very durable, I tested a sample and could not damage the surface easily at all. The planks are very straight and well machined, all in perfect condition and fit well together. I opened a box to test it on the floor first.

The prices are pretty good and they are very convenient and easy to work with. Very helpful.

I'll post more as I begin to install the floor but the flooring in the box looks great, can't wait to install it. The hand scrapped is really good looking!
I am looking at the same floor. I want to install it in a 100 year old farm house. Can you tell me more about the look of the floor. Is the hand scape too much or just right. Also the color variation seems a little extreme between the blond portion and the dark.

RS

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: