Need help installing Teragren Synergy Strand Woven Bamboo

Old 06-13-08, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need help installing Teragren Synergy Strand Woven Bamboo

Wife and I are installing Teregren Synergy Strand Woven Bamboo in our 200 sq ft living room. I found it online for $5.49 which I feel was a great deal. The flooring was delivered five days after ordering in perfect condition. The flooring is currently accualmating in the living room, which I will leave for approx 7 days. Anyway, the original plan was to call an installer and have them install it, but for some reason we are not getting any calls back. The only installer that even talked to me didnt show up to give me a quote and has yet to return my call. Dont know what the problem is, other than what one said "its too small of a job for me to even bother".

Anyway, back to the original point, I have decided that I would try to install the floor myself (I have never installed hardwood flooring, but am pretty handy, I am confident I can do a good job as their is not difficult cuts or angles in the room). The only problem I am having is selecting an installation method. The floor can be glued, stapled or nailed. I originally thought of gluing but heard it can be messy and fail over time. Either stapling or nailing would be the prefered method as I would probably ruin the floor with glue. I just dont know what the best stapler/nailer is. Our local Home Depot rents floor staplers but I read on here that they are not the best especially for really hard floors like strand woven. Teregren actually recommeds four staplers that have been tested, they are:

Port-A-Nail -Model 461
HighPro - Model AS-4090
Spotnails - Model WS4840W2
Duo-Fast - SureShot 1848F

Right now I am leaning toward purchasing the Port-A-Nail and renting a compresser. Then selling the Port-A-Nail via Amazon, craigslist or ebay. What do you think? Does the gun matter, or is it more about getting the right staple and air pressure?

Thanks, sorry it took so long for me to get to the question
Glen

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-08, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You probably have your flooring installed by now. What nailer/stapler did you purchase and how did it do for you? Porta Nailer and Bostitch Stapler have always been popular brands in the flooring industry. Many tend to rent nailers or staplers for small jobs such as yours. (Installers tend to turn down smaller jobs, because they are looking for the big jobs where they can make some money.) Those who are doing a whole house often buy and then sell online or elsewhere.