Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Flooring, Floor Coverings and Coatings Center > Bamboo and Exotic Wood Floors
Reload this Page >

floating Golden Arowana bamboo over glued short hair carpet in the basement

floating Golden Arowana bamboo over glued short hair carpet in the basement

Old 03-25-10, 05:57 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Red face floating Golden Arowana bamboo over glued short hair carpet in the basement

I would like to install floating bamboo in my 550 ft basement. I have already installed Pergo in two other basement rooms (11 years ago). My basement room has a glued short hair carpet that was installed 16 years ago and is not damaged. My basement is pretty dry, without a humidifier, and I have already taken care of possible water damage sources from rod holes, etc. It is a game room with pool table, sofa, entertaiment center, bookcases,...Could I use the carpet as a subfloor?, should I remove it and glue the bamboo floor to the concrete? Thank you.

Old 04-24-10, 07:36 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Find the product you want to install, then check the manufactures warranties and installation guidelines. Most will tell you to remove the carpet or void the warranty. Also, most will recommend a moisture test prior to installing (by a 3rd party). Most recommend ASTM F1869 or ASTM F2170. Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: