parquet floor question

Old 08-21-11, 08:44 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
parquet floor question

First apologies if this is posted in the wrong place but I did not see another more appropriate location. My floor swells tremendously in a couple of spots with high humidity. So much so that one of the squares has cracked. Is there a way I can a) repair the cracked square and b) apply more adhesive to prevent the section from continued swelling ---, or is this even a recommended solution.

Thank you.

Old 08-22-11, 04:03 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Is the entire floor glued down, or are just the edges of the parquet glued to each other? If the floor is floating, you may have a problem along the edges where the flooring contractor didn't allow enough space for the floor to expand and contract. I would pull a piece of shoe molding or a floor vent to see if it is all glued down or not. If you have pix you want to share with us you can http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Old 08-22-11, 05:21 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
It would also help to know where the room is. I have parquet in my kitchen but to give it extra protection from moisture I wiped it down with a deglosser and applied a coat of poly. By applying a coat of poly after installation, you are sealing all the edges/gaps between the squares.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: