HD Home Legend Bamboo Flooring UGH ANY SUGGESTION

Old 11-20-11, 10:45 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
HD Home Legend Bamboo Flooring UGH ANY SUGGESTION

I NEED A NEW flooring material quick!! Any suggestions??? No rugs because I have dogs no ceramic tile (90 yr old mom requests the no tile) Is there a good laminate out there? I paid a little of 5.00 a sq ft fot the HL as I had a coupon........would like to pay about the same or more if I'd get a good material.

After months of researching different types of flooring - I chose HD HomeLegend Bamboo. I tested several laminate samples by running a nail over the top - the HL showed minimal scratching. THen I soaked the HL in a bucket of water. Several hours later it came out beautifully (No absorbtion). It installed easily and looked beautiful - for about 6 months.

Now the short ends are looking terrible! Its as if the top layer is gone and the "grain" is raising. I never washed this floor (damp paper towels and regular dry mopping. sweeping kept it looking beautiful)

Two dogs and 3 grandchildren havent been able to scratch it. I loved to floor until this problem - HD rep said it was material failure, but since I put down so much of it a HL rep will have to come out and confirm......

Hopefully they will honor the warranty - If there were a guarantee that the material wouldnt fail again - i would chose this product.

Last edited by kathie659; 11-20-11 at 10:47 AM. Reason: wasn't finished
Old 11-27-11, 08:19 AM
Since I don't work for retail flooring stores and only work directly for homeowners that have purchased their flooring and want to pick who installs their investment, because of bad experiences in the past with, who the flooring store sends out to install what they have sold.... I get to see and play with all the manufactures.

One place many of my clients purchase flooring from is Costco.
Their Arrowana Bamboo, and the Harmonic Laminates are some of the best flooring I have installed.

Stay far away from Lumber Liquidators!!!! That stuff is and has been a waste of my time. It is hit & miss.

Old 11-27-11, 02:34 PM
K
Thanks - your experience with several mfg. helps!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: