How to remove bamboo laminate flooring from concrete slab floor

Old 03-12-12, 06:39 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to remove bamboo laminate flooring from concrete slab floor

i have hardwood (possibly bamboo) flooring on concrete slab floor - I don't know if flooring was glued down - it seems very solidly adhered, Will I be able to use a scraper to lift the hardwood from the concrete - i don't care if I damage the pieces of hardwood.

Old 03-13-12, 04:21 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
A scraper will help rid the bamboo from the concrete, but you may be left with a mess of glue residue to deal with. I would pull the bamboo first to see what there is left on the concrete, then let us know, with pix and we can help further. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Old 08-08-12, 07:34 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The best method for removing any type of glued down wood floor from concrete is to first get the right tools for the job. You will need a skill saw, a long straight board, 1 x4 is best, a hammer, a hand full of 4 penny finish nails and a 17 lbs flat bar with a 3.5" scraper. Measure the distance from the blade in your saw to the edge of the saw table, once you have that measurement put your tape measure on the floor starting at the first spot where you can get your saw, measure from the joint the distance you measured from the blade to the edge of the saw table and put a pencil mark. Do the same down the joint every 4'. Put your 1 x 4 on the pencil mark nail it down and run your saw down the joint. Make sure you set your saw depth to be just deep enough to cut through the tongue usually a 1/2" depth will work. Do this all the way down the floor and cut all the tongues out. Where the saw stops at the wall, just turn the saw side ways and run it up the wall using the wall as your saw guide. Get out your scraper and have at it, should come up much easier.

Old 08-09-12, 04:19 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Nick, welcome to the forums! Curious as to why you would go to all that trouble to remove laminate. The heavy scraper will slam most of it up without all those cuts. How would you nail down a 1x4 to laminate on concrete anyway??

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: