Shopping for Bamboo Floor

Old 08-27-12, 08:37 AM
Received 4 Votes on 3 Posts
Shopping for Bamboo Floor

I am still in the process of determining of whether to put in Porcelain tiles or Bamboo flooring by myself.

I think the advantage of Bamboo is that it is quicker and easier to install right?

If I go for Bamboo, what should I be keeping in mind when I am shopping?

I am looking for either the light white wide blade or if it I go dark, would like to look for something shiny. Could you give some advice and where a good sale might be, such as ****?

Thank You

Last edited by Shadeladie; 08-27-12 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Company name not needed
Old 08-27-12, 05:44 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
You can do either one as a DIY project. There are differences in flooring, so you need to know which one you want. There is laminate (puke) which is no more than a picture of wood on a substrate of MDF and coated with a wear layer. There is click lock engineered wood, which is a good product, especially for DIY, since it requires no nails/glue, etc. Then you have staple down 5/8" or full 3/4" flooring. Deciding which you want will be a big step.
Finding the right floor can be done on line at one of the box stores or flooring warehouses. It would be difficult for us to tell which would be best.
I have installed the 5/8" caramelized toast bamboo (staple down) in a client's house and in my weekend rental cabin. Went in like a charm and wears like steel.

Old 08-27-12, 06:15 PM
Received 4 Votes on 3 Posts
thanks, if I do wood, for sure I am going with Bamboo. I don't think I will be going with Laminate.

That is the thing chandler, what are the advantages of Click-On or Staple? How would you do it on a staircase?

Old 08-27-12, 08:52 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
You don't. Generally you will use 11 1/2" full thick stair tread bullnose and stain it to match your floor.

Old 08-28-12, 06:41 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 97 Votes on 85 Posts
I'm splitting hairs here but keep in mind bamboo is not wood, it's actually a grass.

That said, some of them do wear very well, as Chandler indicated.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: