Has anyone heard of this bamboo floor company?

Old 12-23-12, 05:25 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Has anyone heard of this bamboo floor company?

Hi all,
They're called ecohomeshop.com. I'm trying to decide whether to buy from them and have just ordered a sample. My guess is that they are probably run by Chinese, directly. This doesn't have to be a bad thing. These could be the same "high quality" products that are being sold at a higher price by a US distributor! But there's no way of knowing... Here's the site and product:
https://www.ecohomeshop.com/shop/bam...arbonized.html

I can't find anything about these folks on the internet. If I buy from them, I'll be sending a bunch of money and feel concerned. Can't imagine that they have a solid warranty. It would be nice to be able to afford long, wide planks, though. Has anyone else bought from them or a similar company? Any advice is appreciated.

P.S.--I feel concern about formaldehyde in these products. I read that it always comes in lower PPM in stranded products. I'm hoping that this, by itself, makes it all okay. Thanks all...

Last edited by the_tow_guy; 12-24-12 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Derogatory remarks removed
Old 12-23-12, 06:24 PM
R
Received 40 Votes on 32 Posts
My guess is that they are probably run by Chinese, directly.
How did you come up with that? They appear to be based in Reno, NV

Old 12-23-12, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator
Received 63 Votes on 55 Posts
I would call them. Tell them your concerns.

https://www.ecohomeshop.com/shop/abo..._store=default

Old 12-24-12, 06:37 AM
Received 15 Votes on 13 Posts
Have you already shopped around for Bamboo locally? Here is my concern...

The product will be shipped LTL by common carrier on a pallet. The semi is going to show up at your house and expect someone to be there to off load the pallet. The boxes are long and will be heavy and there you will be standing at the end of the driveway. If you are lucky, he will have a pallet jack and a tailgate lift. Most likely, he will have a pallet jack only and will wheel it to the end of the truck bed and watch you unload one at a time.

I can purchase similar product at a similar price and have is delivered to a warehouse. I can then take my trailer there and I will get assistance loading my trailer. I am, however, on my own when I get to the job site. But at least I can back the trailer right up to the house.

Old 12-24-12, 09:22 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies,
How do you locally purchase a similar product at a similar price, czizzi? As far as local places, I only know of the big box stores, or a handful of small retail flooring places. The small places are really expensive, and the big boxes don't sell planks over 47" (plus they're moderately more expensive). Maybe I'm missing something here?

Old 12-25-12, 04:54 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
It's gonna depend on whether you have peace of mind. Buy from someone who you may barely know at a cheap price, or buy from a retailer who you KNOW will back you up for a slightly higher price. Bamboo at orange is less than $2 sf. I have installed it in 4 separate locations and it laid flawlessly and is standing up to traffic well, according to my clients, and in my own rental cabin. The 47" length, I found is no problem as far as spacing, and really helps with boogers. Regular hardwood lengths vary from 5' to 24" and can be really bowed and cause problems in laying. I have never had such with stranded, caramelized bamboo.

Old 12-26-12, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
The prior post was by an employee of the company impersonating a regular member lauding the mentioned company. Email addresses are a dead giveaway.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: