Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Protect bamboo floors from heavy furniture

OR

06-07-17, 04:02 PM   #1 (permalink)  
Protect bamboo floors from heavy furniture

I just had solid bamboo floors installed in my house. They are glue down and dark in color. Now that the floors are in, I need to move an antique player piano out of storage and into the living room. What can I use to protect the floor from becoming indented from the weight over time?

The piano is estimated to be around 400-500 lbs. and the last time it was moved required 3 strong men to lift it onto dollies and move it out of the house to the moving truck and then into a storage unit. Most recently, two men tried to move it from the back of the storage unit and made it almost 30 feet to the front of the storage unit and gave up, so I know it's pretty heavy. I have found piano movers to move it now but I want to make sure I protect the floors as much as possible.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

NC

06-07-17, 04:25 PM   #2 (permalink)  
Do you have any flooring left? The more you can spread the weight the better. A 4 X 4 inch block under the feet would do the job but don't know if you would want the wood showing.

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

07-07-17, 04:54 AM   #3 (permalink)  
A 4 X 4 inch block under the feet would do the job but don't know if you would want the wood showing.
That was my thought also. If you don't have leftover flooring you could use most any piece of wood stained to match the floor or stain it to match the piano.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

Search this Thread