Reparing tears in Drywall before painting

Old 08-07-00, 11:03 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I recently moved into a new apartment and the prior resident had glued tackboard panels onto the wall. I went to remove them and found the glue had soaked into the drywall paper covering, although not all the way to the plaster itself.

The result: large ( max 2" wide, but quite long ) tears in the outer paper.

?: How do I repair the tears in preperation for repainting without having to replace a 4x8 ft section of drywall?
Old 08-08-00, 03:55 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

You can use what is called vinyl spackle. Comes in a pint size, very cheap to buy. Put in on with a putty knife, and smooth it out.
Make sure you get the white color.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: