insulation prices and types

Old 09-30-00, 01:15 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

What kind of instalation should you use for the floor of an attic and what kind for the walls above it? What kind of vapor barrier should I use? How much will this cost if I want to do it all myself?

Old 09-30-00, 07:45 PM
Visiting Guest
These are big questions and would require many paragraphs to give you thorough answers. There are several good resources you can look up on the web. www.owenscorning.com is the one I like most for insulation answers. Click on the "for homeowners" section and you'll find out everything you'll ever need to know about insulation including how to install it. www.jm.com is the address for Johns Manville Corp, another good site. Can't answer you on price estimates...maybe go looking at your local home improvement store? Good Luck.

Old 09-30-00, 08:31 PM
Visiting Guest
Insulation is sold by the square foot. A bundle usually covers an 8x10 wall.

More than a Carpenter
http://www.carpenter.cjb.net

Old 10-01-00, 03:52 AM
Visiting Guest
Code for your area calls for R-19 on your attic floor, with R-38 on the walls. Now you have information to get your price with.
It is not a bad project. Can get itchy.
Insulation is one of those jobs that if you have alot of time with nothing to do, do it yourself. However, what will take you 5 days, will take an insulation guy about 12 hours, and they are very reasonably priced.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: