dig out a crawlspace

Old 05-09-00, 04:01 PM
Visiting Guest
Red face

I am about to dig out my crawlspace and convert it into liveable basement. Any info regarding this would be helpful. It is already 1/2 basement now. Do I put the new footing and block wall in front of or under the exising brick foundation? etc...

Thanks,

Last edited by majakdragon; 01-18-05 at 10:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-00, 03:49 AM
Visiting Guest
This is a terrible big job. I do not think you even know what your getting into. This job is going to require alot of equipment, time and permits. Your permit dept. may not even allow you to do the work yourself. The answer is on the inside of your existing foundation. Good Luck

------------------
Jack the Contractor

Old 01-18-05, 09:45 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
This is a terrible big job. I do not think you even know what your getting into. This job is going to require alot of equipment, time and permits. Your permit dept. may not even allow you to do the work yourself. The answer is on the inside of your existing foundation. Good Luck

------------------
Jack the Contractor
I have a simillar sittuation. But the crawl space is a small area and has a dirt floor. It is divided from the rest of the basement by a cylinder block wall. I plan on digging out teh dirt and widening the opening to make a door way. I also plan on keeping to wall, so that the room can become an extra bed room. Good idea? I am pretty hand so i will be doing the job. Plus it is not a rush, so time is not an issue.
E-mail addresses are not allowed in posts.

Last edited by majakdragon; 01-18-05 at 10:08 AM. Reason: e-mail address in post
Old 01-18-05, 10:12 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Are you sure the foundation wall goes as deep as you plan on digging? That block wall may be a load bearing wall also. Just things to check before digging. Good luck.