couple of question about basement leaks

Old 12-26-02, 08:54 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
couple of question about basement leaks

I've in this house for almost 2 years and basement (poured walls)has had 4 leaks. I fixed 1 by caulking between the patio and the brick. Fix another by redoing the masonary between the brick and basement wall. Last 2 I need some opinions\ideas on. One is my utililty room, someone tried gluing a piece of plastic over it(which match in color the concrete, reason I didnt see it before). I cannot do anything outside for this crack, since other side is where the slab is for my den upstairs. But this crack is only couple of inches away from a sump pump. Now should try to patch the crack or just make path so it will just flow into the sump pump well? Other crack in the wash room which is finished, lucky the drywall only goes halfway down, rest the way down is panel. But outside is end of my patio and where deck starts, now when it gets warm enough I going to try and put more dirt to add more slope under the deck, not much room to work though. I was wondering what I could for this crack in the mean time to stop the leak? I heard something about a poduct that you mixup and the stick in the crack and stops leaks even while their leaking?
I appricate any ideas anyone has.

Thanks
Online2

Old 12-26-02, 12:35 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Online2,

The one crack 2 inches away from your sump pump could be left as is and make a path to the basket. The one product that has been mentioned before by others is the link provided below;

http://www.sanitred.com/

You could do a search within basements and review the comments - they seemed pretty good.

You're right about the exterior modifications to grade, this will make all the difference in the world - they usually take care of most problems associated inside the basement.

Hope this helps!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: