short term solution

Old 01-23-03, 04:16 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
short term solution

Hey, everyone. A while back, y'all helped me with a leakage problem in the basement. I am convinced that I have a seepage problem, probably water in the blocks. I am going to battle that form the outside but I also want to shore up inside. I know where the water comes in...hydraulic cement? Regular cement? some other stuff? I can get to the spot(s) but not too easily. All opinions welcome and solicited.

Old 01-23-03, 05:03 PM
Doug Aleshire's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 4,455
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Hope it is going better for you. I'd have to say hydraulic cement, maybe Jack can provide some insight to this one.

Good Luck!
Old 01-23-03, 07:25 PM
bungalow jeff
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Hydraulic cement is the way to go. We used it to seal the interface between a foundation wall and the rock ledge it sits on. The stuff is tricky to work with, especially laying on your side on top of rock in a crawl space.
Old 01-23-03, 08:07 PM
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 2,999
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You can give hydraulic cement a try. If it is a hard to get at place, you may not get it in just right, then it will not work real well. If your not comfortable working with it, I would just call a concrete man in to apply it. It should work if applied correctly. Good Luck

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: