Basement Floor refinish

Old 02-04-03, 04:23 AM
badbasement
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Basement Floor refinish

Hello,
I recently built a house and I am having some troubles with my basement. After it was poured it got really cold up here (live in the northeast) and about 2 inches of ice formed on top of it. Now usually this wouldnt be a problem except for the fact that one of the contractors put down some calcium to melt the ice. Low and behold, I now have a basement floor that looks like a mine field. So....now to my quesstion, do any of you have any idea how I can refinish the floor back to a nice smooth surface. It is a large basement approx 50 x 30. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 02-04-03, 04:46 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
badbasement,

The only suggestion that I would have would be fast but not really cheap is to use a product like Gypcrete. Take a look at the below link and make some calls within your area to cost. This is not a DIY endeavor.

http://www.maxxon.com/product_detail.asp?ID=2

This is recommended not a floor leveler in its purest sense, rather a means to get you floors smooth to a nice appearance. There are products vailable that can be applied over concrete in the state that yours is in but I believe the cost would be extremely expensive and time consuming.

Hope this helps!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: