drylock on floor

Old 03-25-03, 07:26 PM
divadppal
Visiting Guest
drylock on floor

can drylock be used on concrete floors?

There is a drylock floor paint, but that does not promise the same water sealing.

I emailed dryloc about this and they only responded that it wouldn't be covered under warranty. I want to know if anyone has tried it and how it has gone.

I plan to drylock the floor and then put carpet on top of that. Perhaps I even put dricore subfloor on top of the drylock and then carpet on top of that. In any case I don't plan to walk directly on the drylock.

Any comments?

Old 03-25-03, 08:37 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
divadppal,

Just a couple of questions....

Why would you want to drylok your floor when it would not be covered by a warranty?

If you are thinking of applying this and installing carpeting...you need to attach carpet tack strips. They cannot be glued down on top of this but they must be nailed - this penetrates the coating which defeats the purpose of sealing, even though this is not the product to do the floor.

Since you are considering using Dricore, there is no need to seal the floor as the system prevents problems and allows for breathing of any moisture.

If you are doing this because you have problems with more than slight condensation, other issues should be addressed before continuing with finishing ideas.

Just some thoughts...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: