Basement was waterproofed but..

Old 06-21-03, 09:21 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Basement was waterproofed but..

So far, through all this rain in south jersey, my basement has not leaked at all. But after closer inspection of my walls i noticed there are some wet spots. If I put my hand on the wall i can feel the moisture. I figured it was condensation from the outside soil. I would like to put up paneling in the basement at some point, but I do not want to waste the money if it's going to get infested with mold and mildew due to the condensation.

The company that did my waterproofing told me they guaranteed that the walls and floor will be free from water. The contractor told me they usually try to put up a new layer of mortar over the cinder block wall to stop the condensation. And then if that doesn't work they will come back and apply dryLock to the walls.

What do u think about that approach?

Old 06-21-03, 12:34 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Use the old trick of taping a square of aluminum foil or plastic over the spot. You can tell where the moisture is coming from by seeing which side of the plastic it collects on.

If it is indeed condensation, then insulation and a vapor barrier on the room side of the insulation will eliminate that problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: