Cutting a new crawl space opening

Old 06-26-03, 11:40 PM
mhaystead
Visiting Guest
Cutting a new crawl space opening

I am getting tired of having to crawl all the way across my house to reach the water shut off, so I was thinking of cutting a new opening in the master bdrm closet a few feet away. As an alarm service tech, I have seen a wide variety of style openings. What would are the steps involved to do it right? (I have not finished installing my new bath sink because it is such a pain to reach the shut off)

Old 06-27-03, 06:21 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Do you have cut off valves on the sink supply? That might be simpler.

Old 06-27-03, 10:27 PM
mhaystead
Visiting Guest
The sink I removed was a double vanity, which was originally a single vanity. The shut offs to the left sink were installed so that the valves were directly under the sink, and were tapped into the supply between the wall and the shut offs for the right one. Removing it required shutting off the main supply for the house. Because I'm putting in a pedestal, I capped the supplies until I could make sure the proper wall support was in place.

I've finished the wall, just haven't had the motivation to crawl back under the house to shut the water off to finish it. My wife and I are getting tired of using the kitchen sink, so I'm going to finish it soon whether I cut the new opening to the crawl space or not. I just thought having a secondary access closer to the main shut off would be more convenient for future needs.

Last edited by mhaystead; 06-29-03 at 10:45 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: