cracks/bubbling in wood panelling wall

Old 09-20-03, 03:09 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
cracks/bubbling in wood panelling wall

My downstairs den is finished with wood panelling and I have noticed that on 1 wall, there appears to be some relatively severe bubbling and crackling due to what is most likely moisture behind the wall. The house is 60 years old and I am assuming that behind the walls is simply concrete block with no insulation.

Previously, I tried to patch the cracks with drywall compound but many of the cracks seem to have reappeared.

Can anyone suggest a potential repair for this?? I don't want to run the expense of ripping out the wall and replacing with drywall if I don't want to for 2 reasons : 1) cost and 2) the other walls in the room are wood panelling and are in perfect condition so if I replace this wall with drywall, it will look odd with all the other walls being a different material.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 09-21-03, 03:10 PM
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Taylors, SC
Posts: 9,261
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Is the paneling stained and finished or painted?

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: