bugs please

Old 01-15-04, 09:44 AM
newtohome
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb bugs please

hi
so many bugs at my house, i mailed pic also. First I thought it may be summer and then i did my basement but still keeps coming, shat should i do. mostly in basement but also comes to rooms , ground floor. Any advice will be appreciated as my wife is about to throw me out.
Attachment

Old 01-15-04, 09:49 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Why not just call an exterminator?

By the way, you can't post pictures here. You have to post them on your own site and then link to them.

Old 01-16-04, 09:08 AM
jsfetzik
Visiting Guest
Have an exterminator check things out. When we bought our house we noticed a number of bugs. Turned out to be silverfish and firebrats. Exterminator came out and took care of them no problem.

We now have him come out every three-fours months. He checks for any sign of pests, including carpenter ants, termites, mice, etc. and does some preventative spraying. He takes care of the hornet/wasp nests that pop up in the spring.

The total cost is about $300 per year for a local company that has been in business for 20+ years. Don't bother with the 'big name' exterminators their prices in our area are about double what the local guys charge.

Old 01-17-04, 01:37 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Bugs

Identification of the pests is very important. Spraying a household insecticide may keep pests at bay. A regular perimeter treatment of foundation and soil along foundation with a pesticide also helps keep insects and their predators at bay. Basements, especially damp ones, and decaying wood tend to attract and provide food and shelter for a variety of insects.

Collect some samples and take to your local Dept. of Agriculture Extension Agent for identification and recommendations for DIY insecticide control. As suggested, you can call an exterminator for identification and control. Inspect for moisture and drainage problems around your foundation and make corrections.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: