New (old) basement

Old 09-21-04, 01:31 PM
bri208
Visiting Guest
New (old) basement

Does anyone know how much it would take to remove and existing basement (say on a 50 year old house) and replace it with a new one (new concrete)?

What about these styrofoam blocks I've heard about?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-04, 02:09 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Basement wall replacement

Cost of materials and labor tend to vary from area to area. There are companies that specialize in this type of work. Perhaps you can locate a contractor by clicking "Need a Contractor?" on this website's home page.

Replacing your home's foundation is a messy, time-consuming and expensive process that usually involves jacking up the house while the existing walls are excavated and rebuilt. Perhaps a retaining wall of poured concrete and rebar could be built to support and hold the original in place. Anchor systems are also an option on failing foundations.

Styrofoam blocks increase energy efficiency. The hollow foam blocks, called insulated concrete forms, fit together like Legos. They are reinforced with steel rebar. Concrete is poured into the hollow blocks. The result is a well-insulated foundation that is strong and water and insect resistant.

Old 09-21-04, 02:15 PM
bri208
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by twelvepole
..........Perhaps you can locate a contractor by clicking "Need a Contractor?" on this website's home page...........
I'm in Canada, this option requires a ZIP code, I have a postal code.

How about a Canadian web-site equivalent?

Old 09-21-04, 07:22 PM
darren_1974
Visiting Guest
where in canada are you? I'm in N. Western Ontario. I just did my own basement replacement.....did all the work myself with the help of friends. I have a small writeup on this sight somewhere.

there are some pics here: http://members.shaw.ca/hackers/pics1.html

If you have any questions, please ask.

Old 09-22-04, 11:24 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts