Mold. Mold. Mold.


  #1  
Old 11-29-04, 05:44 PM
J
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Butler
Posts: 65
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Mold. Mold. Mold.

I have mold in my basement!
This is a new discovery.
Ugh.
Is there something I need to do to get rid of it? I have heard clorox works?
I will be cleaning and painting dry-lock type stuff.... so whatever I need to do to get rid of this mold, so be it.
Will putting a de-humidifyer in there help keep the mold from growing?
Any other suggestions are really appreciated.

Thanks-
Moldy in Pittsburgh
 
  #2  
Old 11-30-04, 05:43 AM
majakdragon's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: N.E. Arkansas
Posts: 7,813
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You can use a disinfectant detergent or a 10% bleach/water solution. Be sure to wear a resperator and rubber gloves. Mold stains may not come off but are cosmetic. Clean the surface and dry before painting. Ventilation is needed to keep mold from growing. It helps keep the moisture level down. Good luck.
 
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: