Ideas for basement ceiling

Old 12-25-04, 07:19 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ideas for basement ceiling

I'm looking for some suggestions (and photos) if anyone has any input.
I do not want to drywall ceiling in basement- I've seen people put lattice up and I thought that looked nice- Looking for any other ideas on what to use to cover up the pipes and wires...... Someone else suggested fabric- but I'm liking the cleaner look of the lattice..... Has anyone done this and is it fairly easy to install?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-04, 03:18 PM
Scotaku
Visiting Guest
Sorry, no pics... lemme try to describe some things I've seen/am considering.

One of my best friends finished his basement and treated his drywall ceiling with a textured wallpaper. Neither he nor his wafe cared for the color, so he painted it as if it were a flat ceiling and produced a really classy, almost stamped effect that complimented the room.

There are stamped metal and formed plastic squares to use for tiling the cieling too. Though they cost a bit, you can save on the cost of drywall (if finishing for the first time) by not needing it up there and using plywood instead. That's a route I'm considering and will help me space my light fixtures nicely to produce a look as if the lights were made for the tiles.

Old 12-30-04, 05:03 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I just finished my basement and the ceinling was a real thinker for me. I, like yourself didn't want your basic drywall ceiling so I went the route of plank paneling that you buy from your local home improvement warehouse. It comes in 4" width, 8' long and about 1/4" thick. You do need a backer for this which you could use drywall or OSB than nail and glue the panels to the ceiling. It gives you a really neat looking, amost like a bowling alley look. Take a look, you cannot see the ceiling very well but you can get an idea of what I'm talking about

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...a/P1010011.jpg