basement walls

Old 01-21-05, 04:58 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
basement walls

Hello all,

I just found this site and am sure you guys can help me out.

I am wanting to build 2 walls in the corner of my basement to make a small workshop. one wall will be underneath the W-beam that runs the lenth of my house for about 15 ft. and the other will be about 13 ft. from the center of the basement to the outside wall. because of ductwork and conduit there is no way to put the wall up in one piece. I am thinking of attaching the top plate to the beam and the floor joist then using a plumb bob to stay straight, attaching the bottom plate to floor then putting in the studs one at a time. Am I thinking the right way or is there another way to do this.
Thanks for all your help.

Old 01-21-05, 05:47 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I think you are on the right track. Another good thing about doing it that way is that it is possible your floor is not level and by cutting each stud one at a time, you know they are the correct length. Good luck on your project.

Old 01-21-05, 06:46 AM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I just finished framing my basement and had a similar problem with duct work. I did exactly what you mention and it worked out fine. I used "L" brackets to connect the stud to the top and bottom plate. It is all straight level and sturdy.

Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: