What to do with basement floor drain

Old 02-07-05, 08:40 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What to do with basement floor drain

I am finishing my basement, and we are getting close to doing the floor. The floor drain is smack in the middle of the kid's play area. We have tried to figure out if there is any way that we could put a closet around it or otherwise enclose it, but it just is not possible. I also do not want to go to the expense of moving it.

For flooring, we are considering...

DriCore with Legato carpet, DriCore with laminate or Delta FL with Laminate.

With the Legato scenario, I was thinking of cutting an access hole in the DriCore and drilling some holes in the top just in case. I would then put the Legato over it, and maybe make some holes in the legato to let water flow through if needed. If the water heater were to let go, it will most likely be forced under the legato anyways. If we get flooded, which has not been an issue in 5 years, just some slight seepage that should be taken care of, we are up a creek anyways.

For the Delta with Laminate I am at a loss for ideas. I have thought of getting a decent looking floor drain and caulking it into the laminate and to the Delta, hopefully allowing any water to flow through.

Any ideas or comments?

Old 02-08-05, 04:03 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
They make brass drain covers that are flat and might look better than the typical covers. Have 3/8 holes in them. You ccould just screw them to the flooring. good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: