How to utilize the under-stair space?

Old 04-28-05, 05:00 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to utilize the under-stair space?

Please see some pictures of the my basement stair by clicking the following link:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tw_ust...ww65CBks3pA49u

My question is that how can I utilize the space under the last few steps of the stair (where there are a few boxes). I am open to suggestions. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-05, 06:10 AM
P
My first thought is a safe, but that needs a door. Possibly a large full extension drawer for storage?

FWIW, I think understair storage areas need to be covered with firerated (5/8" thick) wallboard in most places to meet code.

Old 05-02-05, 06:59 AM
C
boxes on casters

In one of my do-it-youself books on storage., there is a really cool storage solution where you make wooden boxes out of plywood and put them on casters to roll under the stairs. Looks like you have place for two of those boxes. And in the second box, (bigger) it was subdivided to have places for various sports equipment, golf clubs etc. Although the quickest idea is doors.

Old 05-03-05, 03:34 PM
not2skilled
Visiting Guest
king, your basement looks identical to mine which i am planning on trying to stud myself since i cant get no help. can you take some more pictures so i can get an idea how to frame mine out. thanks.. maybe you can email some to me too. Thanks.

Old 05-06-05, 10:19 AM
DIY1234
Visiting Guest
If you have kids, build them a playhouse. My kids love it. When they are all done with it, you can use it as storage.