B-dry Basement System

Old 10-17-05, 12:11 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
B-dry Basement System

has anyone ever heard of this process? what does it involve? they 100% guarantee for life.

Old 10-19-05, 06:15 AM
D
We had the system installed a year ago and have been very happy with it so far. No water in the basement through several heavy heavy rains. It is a fairly disruptive contruction project - jack hammering, gravel and concrete laying etc - but it seems to work. I suppose it is a pretty standard 'drain to sump pump' system, not the only choice certainly.

Old 10-19-05, 08:21 AM
K
how much $$ does setup go for? possible in a finished basement?

Old 10-19-05, 08:35 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
B-dry Basement System

Like all drain tile drainage systems the cost will depend on our house - the size, number of walls available,... etc.

This is a franchised system with good advertising and there are others. There are many contractors and choices on how far you want to go and what you want to do. It can be a DIY project - I did it.

Any drain tile system is better for finishing than any other system that is exposed or any cheap coating.

Dick

Old 10-20-05, 06:10 AM
D
For my approx. 750sq feet it was in the neighborhood of $4500. They also added a drain outside my basement door and tapped my window wells into the system. Best money I have spent on the house though. No more getting up in the middle of the night during rain storms to wet vac the basement, and bail out the window wells. There is something about watching water actually pour into my basement that ruined my day.

I am sure it is possible in a finished basment it is just a little messy. You will have some cleanup. Move what you can and cover up the rest.

I finished our basement afterwards. Don't know your level of handiness, but watching these guys do the work I would not have wanted to tackle it myself.

Good luck.

Old 04-12-09, 01:17 PM
R
Working with B-dry walls

Folks,

I bought a house a couple of years ago with the B-Dry system already installed. While we have not had any problems so far, we would like to install studs and drywalls on the B-dry walls. For one thing, the plastic white B-dry walls don't look that nice since we want to convert the basement to an entertainment room with a bar and TV. Secondly we want to mount a flat screen TV on the wall.

I couldn't find any website that tells you if it is OK or not to cover up the B-dry walls with studs and drywall or drill holes into it in order to mount wood frames. I heard one person say that he thinks you need access to the B-dry wall in case it fails and you need to replace one of the plastic panels...he wasn't sure though.

My questions are:
(1) Can you install frame/studs/drywall on the B-dry walls? Basically, do the plastic walls need to be open to air so that they can 'breathe'? Is it OK to permanently cover them up with regular drywalls?
(2) Is it OK to drill holes into the plastic panels to secure any objects to the concrete block wall behind them?
(3) If the answers to the above two questions are 'no', is it OK to paint the plastic walls? The panels are connected to each other by a protruding plastic strip and it doesn't look nice. What can I do to make the plastic B-dry panels and the intermediate strips not show up as such and make them look nicer?

Thanks so much for your ideas.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: