Old 10-21-05, 06:06 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
drylock fast plug

I would like to know the ratio of portland cement to lime. Thanks

Old 10-24-05, 10:38 AM
B
Did you try contacting ugl directly? They have a contact section on their website. I have always found them to be very responsive on questions about their products.

www.ugl.com

Old 10-24-05, 10:47 AM
drylock fast plug

Sills -

Please share your search results with us. I was always under the opinion that lime was not needed to be added to a material like this (Fastplug). It seems that lime may be a bad thing unless you are trying to make your own plug with regular Porland cement, lime and some other additives.

The free lime normally in cured concrete plus addional lime and other additives could lead to all sorts of things. Fastplug is not like mortar.

Dick

Old 10-24-05, 02:45 PM
S
The ingredients on a can of Dry Lock Fast Plug states Portland cement and lime, no proprietary ingredients mentioned.
Yes I am making my own with Portland cement. I think I will experiment on the mix, the ratio must be a small amount of lime because it does not look like mortar. It actually looks like just Portland cement , the only way I know it has lime because it was listed.

Old 10-24-05, 04:06 PM
fast plug

You can experiment and try to find the right recipe, but you won't save any money and to result may not be as good as the specially designed product.

The are a number of different types (5) of Portland cement. Also there are other subcategories, so the Portland cement you are using may not even be the correct type to re-create the Fast Plug product.

There are also different types of lime.

The term "Hydraulic Cement" is a generic term and has been around for about 5000 years. The newer term is for a more specialized application.

Good luck on your experiment. You may stumble on a new, improved version of an old product.

Dick

Last edited by Concretemasonry; 10-24-05 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Spelling

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: