slotted door or regular door

Old 01-25-06, 03:11 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
slotted door or regular door

I am in the process of putting back together my basement after the french drains were installed. Where the water meter is and all the shut off valves they used to have one of those small metal doors about 5 X5. That little opening does not do it if they had to get into the meter and do work or anything else. I decided to put a small like pantry door on. I am however wondering should I put a solid door in or a slotted. I know all the air will come out from behind the walls but won't that be good to let it breath? Anyone with experience feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

Old 01-25-06, 06:11 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I assume by slotted door you are reffering to a louvered door. They are very effective for air transfer. You can also use a cheaper luan door and cut and add a grill.

IMO it would be hard to advise you if the air circulation is necesarry or not with out actually being there to further assess the situation.

Old 01-25-06, 06:17 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
thanks for the reply. I figured it would be good to get any moisture other other stuff that usually goes on behind a basement wall. Plus the water line comes in there so there will be condensation in the summer so I figure the air would be good especially for the dehumidifier to pick it up.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: