B-dry system problems?

Old 03-12-06, 01:02 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
B-dry system problems?

The previous owner had a bdry system installed in my basement 10 yrs ago. Concrete block walls semi finished with just a dropped ceiling no wall framing or drywall/paneling. Ive been here for 3 yrs and the basment in summer is plagued with mold/(water?) staining on the lower 3 blocks all around where the rigid seal is located. I noticed today that there was never any caulking of the seal to the block and in many spots i can actually pull it back 1/4 of an inch or more. Is this normal? It would seem to me that if the seal isnt really sealed tight it would lead to the high humidity ive been experiencing. Ive also gone over the rest of the basement and the mold problem/staining is only located around the rigid seal--not the band joist or window wells.

Old 03-13-06, 05:56 AM
E
Their web-site says the product has a lifetime transferable warranty. Have you tried contacting them?

From their web-site:

WARRANTY LEFT WITH THE CUSTOMER
B-DRYŽ does not only tell you about its Full Warranty, we show you the actual Warranty and leave you a copy. B-DRYŽ
warranties are registered locally and also with our National Headquarters to insure you with uninterrupted coverage. For
your convenience, our National Office Number is 1-800-321-0985.

Old 03-13-06, 08:55 AM
D
Thanks i contacted them 2 days ago and they are sending someone out tomorrow. I just wanted to hear if anyone else had this problem so i could know what to expect i.e. weasling out of fixing this problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: