Software to help remodel my basement?

Old 11-15-06, 05:37 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Software to help remodel my basement?

Is there any ok software I can buy that will help plan and layout my basement? I use to use something years ago that let me easily place the studs and walk around the room to get somewhat of a feel of how things will look? I noticed a ton of cheesy packages out there on the market, has anyone used any worthwhile? I also see landscaping programs which would be great, but I could never find anything that allowed me to use my house layout for the exterior.

Any input on this would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-06, 07:48 PM
J
I used Floorplan 3d for my basement.. Comes with a 14 day trial.. I tried a couple and this one was pretty decent for doing floor plans.... Didnt get too much into it, except to get my ideas on paper, and accurate..

http://www.imsisoft.com/prodinfo.asp?t=1&mcid=391&cid=

Old 12-03-06, 10:12 AM
J
Google Sketch up

I'm using Google Sketch up. It's a free download from Google. It seems to be used mainly for making buildings in a "cyber world" but it has everything you need to put together accurate 3D plans for stud work etc and it's relatively easy to learn and use.

Cheers!

Old 12-04-06, 04:13 AM
Thanks for the replies guys! I'm going to check them both out!

Old 12-06-06, 10:24 AM
S
Just thought I'd throw out another option. I didn't use software, but had a general idea and knew my layout required 4 rooms + 2 closets. I sketched out my ideas on the basement floor itself using masking tape for where the proposed walls would go. After playing around with the ideas for a few weeks, I was able to draft my final plans on paper based on my taped-out layout. It worked out really well as I was able to guage traffic flow, door clearance concerns, and furniture layout in the final design, and I am very happy with it so far.

Old 12-06-06, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by spackle View Post
Just thought I'd throw out another option. I didn't use software, but had a general idea and knew my layout required 4 rooms + 2 closets. I sketched out my ideas on the basement floor itself using masking tape for where the proposed walls would go. After playing around with the ideas for a few weeks, I was able to draft my final plans on paper based on my taped-out layout. It worked out really well as I was able to guage traffic flow, door clearance concerns, and furniture layout in the final design, and I am very happy with it so far.
Good Idea, nothing could beat the real thing. And anyone can sketch out the rooms. Just need it to look somewhat pro so I can get my permits lol. But it will get me started atleast, plus I found an old copy of PUNCH! home design, and downloaded that google one!

Thanks for the advice,

Mark