leveling concrete basement floor

Old 09-10-07, 10:09 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
leveling concrete basement floor

Hi
My basement has an unlevel 600 sqf concrete floor. There should about one and half inchs difference between the lowest and highest parts of it.(There 1re 2 bumps 10 feet apart). I want to instal Dricore in the basement (already bought them with an excellent price from a contractor), so I need to maske the floor level (Accrording to Dricore the floor can be at most 1/4 inch unleveled).
I was thinking of using self leveling compound but considering the area and the surface beilg unleveled about 1 1/2 inches it will cost a lot.
How can I level the floor? I have done a lot DIY projects but never worked with concret.
Thanks

Cyrus

Old 09-11-07, 07:46 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Fortunately, my floor was level enough that when I installed my dricore, I didn't use a single leveler. HOWEVER, the area where I'm putting my shower pan slopes about 3/4 inch to the back and I was able to use two pours of self leveling cement. It came in a small bucket already all mixed up. I just had to stir and pour. It was on the expensive side, but fast and easy. My investigation into this showed that it will pretty tough to use these self-levelers up to 1 1/2 inches.

I'd maybe get a pro in to look at it and get an estimate. What I'm finding in finishing my basement myself is that if I take the time to do it right, it makes the next step that much easier. It's taking WAY longer than I thought, but so far, I haven't had to go back and redo anything. I think that with the problem you have with your floor, I'd want to get that fixed right...BEFORE you start building on top of it and run into other problems after it's too late.

Good luck,
Tom

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: