Blue Powder in the attic

Old 03-28-08, 02:28 PM
Blue Powder in the attic

I recently went into my attic over the bathroom to do some work. When I lifted up the insulation over the bathroom fan and light fixtures I noticed a blue powder. Is this something I should be concerned about? If yes, please advise what the antedote might be. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-08, 03:30 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Hello. Albon, that's a new one on me! Perhaps someone will come along with an explanation, and we will both learn what it is!

I don't suppose there is a simple explanation, like something was stored there before the insulation went in?

Has the insulation been wet, could the powder be mold?

Connie

Old 03-28-08, 03:51 PM
Blue powder. Where, exactly? What does it look like? How is it distributed? Like scuff marks at a crime scene, the more info we receive, the better our deduction.

Old 03-30-08, 09:24 AM
Blue Powder

The blue powder has only been seen in the attic space over the bathroom. More specifically, where the ventilation fan and the high hats are. I have not seen this anywhere else. I have not seen any moisture and the blue powdery substance has been dry. Nothing has ever been stored there. Thanks for responding.
Albon

Old 03-30-08, 11:43 AM
Albon, we are intrigued! Could you possibly post a photo of the mysterious powder?

(I have seen rat poison that is blue in color, granules, though, not powder.)

Old 03-30-08, 05:51 PM
Sorry Albon we can't guess without better info, you could provide. It's like if you say there is "white powder under the sink" tells us nothing, but if you say it's encrusted on a pipe, or piled up in the corners, or "chalk-like", "salt-like" etc. we have something to go on.

Old 04-07-08, 04:33 AM
My guess that the blue powder is a result of corrosion of the metal due to moisture. You indicate that this is in the area of the bathroom, which is a room with high humidity. Anecdote? Seal to keep moisture and humidity out of the attic area. Attic fan is vented through the roof?

Old 04-07-08, 04:51 AM
Powder

Could it be chalk line powder???

Old 04-07-08, 07:52 AM
A-l-b-o-n...please come back and satisfy our curiosity