Crawlspace Sealing....

Old 06-14-08, 12:19 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Crawlspace Sealing....

Hi
I am about to embark on the task of sealing up my crawlspace to control moisture and mold since I cannot afford the prices of the companies that do it for you. Anyone have any suggestions on where to get materials, specifically crawlspace vent covers and some time of liner? Any experience on specific dehumidifiers or sump pumps or what to use to seal the foundation? I am looking for somewhere other than Home Depot because I know there have got to be other materials that are better for less than they have available....internet sites anything will help. I don;t seem to be able to fnd anyone that sells crawlspace vent covers, just companies that install them.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-08, 01:24 PM
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
2in foam will seal the vents. 6mill poly on the ground. Santa Fe for a dehumidifier.

Old 06-17-08, 07:48 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I would agree, 2" foam on the vents, and caulk them up. for the liner, don't go with the 6 mil plastics, they just plain don't last. and you don't want to have to go under your house in a couple years and fix or replace that liner again...

Here is a company that i used that has a great liner. Its a 20 mil liner and is really really tough stuff. really easy to install too. they also gave me a list of stuff to get locally to save on shiping and stuff. http://www.yourcrawlspace.com check out their DIY kit, it worked great for me.

They are not very expensive either. Hope that helps.