Basemetnt door help?!?!?!?!

Old 06-20-08, 11:21 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Basemetnt door help?!?!?!?!

Ok. I'm in the process of finishing my basement. I've painted the walls and I have carpet on the way. I just need to put in two doors to cover the unfinished area of my basement. These two door frames have very ***** sizes. The bigger one is on the left wall 72 3/4'', on the right side 72 5/8'', across the top 44 5/8'', across the bottom 45 1/8'', and through the middle 44 11/16''. The smaller one is I on the left wall 72 5/8'', on the right side 72 11/16'', across the top 35 1/4'', across the bottom 35 1/2'', and through the middle 35 1/2''. I know that probably sounds wrong, but I measured multiple times. How would go about putting a door that would look nice. Or what other suggestion could I use to cover this area. By the way, I refuse to use a curtain because I think they look ugly.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

I also uploaded two pictures of the openings, if that could help.

http://i25.************/t5pt1c.jpg

http://i31.************/alhsih.jpg

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-08, 06:37 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
2 possibilities. Either use bifold doors or an accordion style door, or you'll probably have to frame them in tighter and install 32-34" doors if you want easy access through them. Framing them up is easy, and you can get scraps of sheetrock from any lumberyard for cheap. Anyway you look at it, it's going to take some effort, but it can be done pretty easily.