cost of mudjacking

Old 07-15-08, 06:00 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Red face cost of mudjacking

ok. long story. my husband and i moved to mississippi about three years ago. we bought this 1600 ft house in a good neighborhood from an investor who sold it to us with about 30,000.00 in equity. we knew the house had some problems and was jacked up about seven years ago. we did not know the pipes were separated from the jacking. so we fixed the separated pipes-that was about a two years ago. BUT there is alot of space from the foundation to the dirt where there was just water sitting underneith the house(and im guessing where they jacked up the house too)for seven years. im also starting to see other spots where it is evident of holes. im starting to see cracks getting bigger on the side of the house. my husband and i are looking into mud jacking. what would be a rough estimate? he is a general contractor, and can do almost anything(including jacking up a small home), but mudjacking is something new to him. we have a brick mason in the family who told us we could rent a machine and do it ourselves. but we don't know if we want to do this. we really want it done correctly. but we also want something that wont put a huge hole in the pocket-esp if we can do this on our own, kwim? thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-08, 07:56 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
what ever the cost it will be cheaper then a new foundation.
Not to be a smart alec or anything. However not doing it could be a lot more costly. It is one of those deals where its best to bite the bullet.

I have a corner of the garage that needs to be mudjacked as well. I suspect like all other contractors servies, cost depends on locaiton. Location in teh US that is. LA would be a ton more then BFE, Il.