Budget Cost Estimates

Old 08-06-08, 02:19 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Budget Cost Estimates

I am trying to build a basic budget for a basement finishing project. It's a very simple project -- just a big rectangle approx 26' wide x 36' long x 7.5' high. My brother-in-law and I can do all the framing and electrical but I'm trying to decide about the drywall.

In addition to framing we could also hang the drywall, but definitely would want to sucontract the finishing (i.e., tape & mud to make paint ready). But I also want to consider subbing out the entire drywall work i.e., provide materials, hang and finish to paint ready.

I have searched for this but couldn't come up with any current figures. Can someone give me an idea of the current rate per sq ft (or per sheet) to hang and finish drywall and also the rate to just finish drywall so I can build a budget for this project with some options? I am in the Chicago area (Southwest suburbs) TIA for replies.

Old 08-06-08, 02:50 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
4 years ago,I worked for a guy who was charging $75 per sheet. That included the sheet rock, spackle and tape but not paint. I recently hung 4 sheets on a ceiling, spackled, taped and painted it for $800. I felt that I should have charged $1,000.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: