platon and caroet

Old 11-23-08, 07:52 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
platon and caroet

i just was reading up on using this platon product as a subfloor. could i just lay platon and put a basement type padding/carpet over that? all other subfloor products seem more expesive i there is a gradual slope of the floor. i do not want to have to level it out by any means.

Old 11-24-08, 09:21 AM
K
I don't think you can put the carpet directly on the Platon. For carpet you need to lay either plywood or OSB. I've read that you can lay Laminate directly over the Planton.

If it were me, I'd throw some 5/8" TG OSB on top and Tapcon it to the concrete, that way if there is a gradual slope in the floor, the Planton will be securely attached to the concrete, and there won't be any bounce on the finished floor.

Old 11-24-08, 03:17 PM
F
that makes no sense. i appreciate your response, but i will wait for a moderator to respond.

Last edited by frankieromance; 11-24-08 at 03:19 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-25-08, 08:25 AM
Actually, it does make sense. Kamadake is saying you can't simply put carpet over the platon. Platon is a rubbery roll-type material, it is not designed to be a subfloor in and of itself. Go to their web site, they show how to install it in a basement floor...with OSB over the top. Tapcons into the concrete may not be necessary, however.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: