Basement toilet

Old 01-12-09, 06:04 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Basement toilet

Hi,

I am trying to install a half bath in my basement and not sure which upflush system should I choose. Any idea?

I noticed two popular systems available on market: Saniflo series (I prefer Sanibest) and Qwik Jon products. Does any one have experience on using these two systems? which system is more reliable?

Sanibest says it has grinder pump which can take tissue and other small stuff accidently dropped in the toilet, which implies that if it's not grinder pump, it will be blocked easily.

Qwik Jon 102 system didn't say it's pump is a grinder pump, but it looks like a heavy duty one and it can pass 2" solid out. I believe most stuff dropped in the toilet should be smaller than 2". I guess it can take almost everything without blocking.

Qwik Jon 202 system is more like Sanibest, equipped with a 1/2 hp grinder pump and 3/4" discharge pipe.

Which one is better? There is only Qwik Jon 102 available in my local store. If it's not absolutely necessary, I don't like to buy this kind big stuff from online stores. It seems Sanibest and Qwik Jon 202 are more modern. Is there any significant advantages in their reliability if I don't take cost, looks and installation into account?

Any information on this will be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-12-09, 06:18 PM
C
Why don't you just put in a sewage ejector. This is what we do. This way you can use a conventional toilet and it takes care of your sink too.

Old 01-12-09, 07:53 PM
J
The problem is I don't want to dig a big hole on the concrete floor, that's too much work. All the three systems I mentioned don't need to break concrete floor. Thanks.

Old 01-22-09, 06:47 PM
M
We had a saniflow up flushing toilet installed last year. It has a macerator/grinder, which we have installed in a closet that is next to the bathroom. It could have been installed right underneath the toilet tank, but since we had the linen closet right next to the toilet we decided to put the macerator/grinder there. Everything is working great and we haven't had any problems at all. We are happy with it and found it was more economical to to than breaking up the concrete.
MTL

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: