Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Basements, Attics and Crawl Spaces
Reload this Page >

Questions About Cleaning Sealing & Painting Basement Walls & Floor

Old 06-05-13, 04:48 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I live in St Paul Mn, my house was built in 1912. It was totally remolded in 1987. In the basement they built 2 bedrooms and a hallway the walls are drywall. The hall goes to a small utility room with a furnace, water heater, washer and dryer the walls & floor are concert and both where painted back then. Now one wall has some cracks and leaks a little water and there also is a little mold. the other walls and floor need cleaning. I was told to wash the walls with some type of purple cleaner from Walmart. If you know the name please let me know. Also I was told to use Vulkem caulk to seal the cracks and paint walls with Akona a powder you mix with water and paint on with a wall paper brush. There are so many Akona products I don't know which one to use. Can any one tell me how to get the wall and floor ready to paint and tell me the names of the product to use?

Old 06-05-13, 08:25 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You have to seal the foundation from the outside first. Also, check the gutters & the pitch of the ground.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: