Dirt floor in shop/barn

Old 02-07-10, 06:33 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dirt floor in shop/barn

Hey Guys, Just looking for some opinions on my shop/barn. One side of the barn about 400 square feet is closed in and had a multiple concrete slabs poured to cover the flooring, they are all pretty rough and one section has moisture coming through. There is no concrete foundation, the concrete was poured just on the inside of the building on one side, the other side is a different story, it's about 500 square feet, has a dirt flooring and the foundation is dropping on one side, the structure is built relatively solid so i want to save it. I'm wanting to make the dirt floor side into a useable shop space and was wondering a cheap solution to get a descent floor concrete, wood, rubber mats on a limited budget and also a foundation fix for the side of the shop, I was thinking about digging down and using cinder blocks as a cheap and quick fix..

Thanks

Old 02-08-10, 02:13 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
I would use bricks or pavers instead of cinder blocks. Of course, the rubber mat idea requires less work then all of it.

Old 02-08-10, 03:38 PM
J
Am I reading this wrong????????? A barn in Canada, with no foundation????????? If I am not wrong, tear it all down and start over, you will be $$$$$ ahead. Trying to fix what I am reading, will never work.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: