Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Basements, Attics and Crawl Spaces
Reload this Page >

Old Septic Pipe Pouring water in during rainstorm

Old 06-27-10, 10:25 AM

We bought a house and the house has an old septic pipe about 5 feet high, and is located under a gutter. On downpours, the water flows full bore through this pipe into the basement. I told my husband to cap the old septic off, And to fill the hole with dirt outside. My husband suggested to also use quickcrete to fill the pipe. My concern is if the concrete will expand and cause problems. Please advise.

thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-10, 10:31 AM
Upvotes Received: 3
Pipe

Are you confusing a "septic pipe" with a gutter drain pipe? Are you sure the pipe is connected to the septic system? If so, this is a bad situation.

Old 06-27-10, 10:36 AM
Pipe

The house used to have an illegal septic. Then an addition was put out and there is a septic pipe to holding tanks, in the new addition. The old pipe is about head high and open ended and water pours in. In a straight line out from the pipe, is the old septic tank, now empty.

Old 07-01-10, 02:21 AM
really kind of funny,,, you're kidding, right ? ? ? not knowing enough to put a bucket over the open pipe to stop water ? ? ? this has to be a joke by some moderator Beer 4U2