Protecting wood legs in a wet basement

Old 08-08-10, 06:54 PM
Protecting wood legs in a wet basement

I get water seepage in my basement, I have resigned to live with it for the time being.

After a fire, I have to replace my storage shelves, and workbench (wood), and want to protect the legs from getting wet. The old ones I had, I just put them up on stepping blocks to keep them off of the floor.

Is there any end caps or another method out there to protect the legs from mositure? I would like my new ones to look a little more professional than setting up on blocks!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-10, 06:23 AM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 37
How deep does the water get?

Old 08-09-10, 09:50 AM
Not deep, maybe 1/8" as it runs out the doors. It mainly flows from the back to the front. Only seeps when the ground's saturated, and we get a heavy ran. Mostly in the spring.

I just have to make sure I keep boxes, etc. off of the floor. That's why I make storage shelves, with 2 x 4 legs.

Last edited by stickshift; 08-09-10 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-09-10, 10:08 AM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 37
First, I'm having a little trouble with the concept, as I would be unwilling to live with water flowing through my basement. Assuming that was ok, I would be putting stuff up on some kind of block, preferably of a material which would not soak up water.

Not sure whether I've helped you....