Old 09-14-11, 07:42 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Hi all

I am planning on finishing my basement. I have some ductwork that requires me to buld some bulkheads. The question I have is there is a run of duct that is nearly touching the block wall. How do i frame the portion in that is up against the block. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Old 09-14-11, 09:20 AM
badeyeben's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Southern ILLINOIS
Posts: 1,162
Received 58 Upvotes on 52 Posts
You are gonna have to place a 2x2 or 2x4 on the block wall and attach your drywall to it. This can be done with both construction adhesive and Tapcon screws. Then bring the open side down to that level and build the bulkhead. You might get by with a 1x2 if you think the screws will go in ok and still hold the drywall.
Old 09-14-11, 10:27 AM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: WI/MN
Posts: 19,023
Received 1,231 Upvotes on 1,179 Posts
2x2 would be what I'd use - lucked out in my house and this was a framed wall but I screwed a 2x2 into the studs when I did this just like it was suggested for your block wall.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: