Basement Furnace Intake


Old 01-08-01, 01:36 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I have been told that I need to install a louvered panel or some sort of vent in the wall where my forced air unit is located. The vent will allow the unit to take in air properly and produce better flow. Does anyone know where something like this would be available and what the correct name for this vent is? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-01, 05:46 PM
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: United States
Posts: 18,497
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You should be able to buy louvered doors at any home improvement center. These are only necessary if you don't have fresh air intake pipes into your furnace room. The purpose of either is to prevent your furnace from pulling carbon monoxide down your flue. Before you do anything, check with your local building department to find out what is acceptible. And buy a CO detector to make sure nothing goes wrong.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: