Help me choose! Basement remodel

Old 08-11-12, 10:15 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help me choose! Basement remodel

Hey guys, we have an unfinished basement that we are going to finish and we have a few ways we can frame it. We need at least 1 bedroom and my wife wants a scrapbooking room. There are 2 ways to frame it but we can't decide on which one. 1. We would frame the bedroom against the 1st bedroom but we would be walking into the hallway at the bottom of the stairs. 2. We would frame the front of the basement (w/ the bump out of windows) and we would have somewhat of an open basement. I have attached some pictures to help. Tell me what you think. I have attached some pictures to help. Thanks! P,S. There is a windows in the scapbook room (like design 1)

Attached Images   
Old 08-12-12, 03:30 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 8 Votes on 7 Posts
I like option #2. Big question is where are the windows? You must have an egress window in every bedroom, so that may sway your thoughts as to where it will be located.

Old 08-12-12, 07:46 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It is a daylight basement so there will be windows in every room. In option 1 the front bump out actually has 3 windows (not pictured). I just thought it was a no-no to room off the front bay of windows (but it would create a much more open space.) Here are some pics with all the windows drawn in.

Attached Images   

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: