Stone basement leaking in mud

Old 06-27-13, 10:36 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Stone basement leaking in mud

It's safe to assume this is going to be a huge, costly problem. I just bought this house in late May and after a few big rains, I've noticed mud coming in through the wall.

This requires professional repair, but if there are any major things I should know before calling around and an idea for cost, that'd be super helpful. Thanks.

EDIT: The pictures are upside, and I can't figure out how to prevent that. I tried rotating and resaving them but that didn't help. Sorry.

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-13, 10:50 AM
B
Received 37 Votes on 34 Posts
Your roof acts as a collection area for hundreds of gallons of water which is often delivers directly to the foundation area around your house. Landscaping, gutters, and leaders should be directing all of that water well away from your house. That's the first area to check.

Then it gets difficult, especially with a stone foundation. On the outside of that foundation there should be a well drained path to catch any water that comes from above or below and is carried away before it can accumulate and enter your basement.

From my chair it is hard to guess how much the above applies to your home, but it gives you a start.

Bud