Basement air/dust control

Old 03-16-14, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Basement air/dust control

I have an unfinished room in my basement (old house) that I am converting into a home gym. If I don't have to frame out the walls and put in a drop ceiling, I don't want to ($$$).

There is a considerable amount of dust in the room, though. Is there a certain type/brand of air purifier that will keep that room clean? It has two basement windows, so I can get fresh air into the room if needs be.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-14, 07:45 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Where is the dust originating? It has to be coming from somewhere. What about an exhaust fan?

Old 11-05-14, 12:05 AM
Just as you mentioned, the main aim is to remove the dust, then it would be simple. The filter kinds air purifier could remove the dust effectively. You do not need too expensive HEPA air cleaners. But what U need to keep in mind is, the size of the basement. If the basement size is too big, you need to buy one with the big working coverage.

Old 11-05-14, 03:19 AM
howabout cleaning it 1st ? decent wet/dry vac & brush nozzle get a lot of stuff ! IF you have a continuing issue, look to the ceiling or walls,,, IF the conc floor's dusty, there are densifiers you can apply to stop that issue